Colorado Startup Brews will be run as a BJCP homebrew competition. Last year, we had a few celebrity judges, including brewers from Left Hand and New Belgium, plus a Denver Business Journal beer writer and two certified beer judges.
Submission Deadline: August 27th, 2016 @ 5pm
Submission and Judging Details:
- Judging drop-offs open August 14th and close August 27th @ 5:00 PM
- Drop off your beer for judging at Co-Brew
- Judging is taking place Sunday, August 28th, 2016
The off-site judging will keep the event running more smoothly. For the judged competition, you will need to submit two (2) 12-ounce bottles of your beer to event organizers no later than August 27th @ 5PM.
IMPORTANT: You must submit your beer(s) for judging no later than August 27th at CO-Brew at 5PM
Each beer will be judged on several factors, including appearance, aroma, and taste. There are no limitations or requirements on the type of beer you create.
Awards are broken into a few categories:
- The Judge’s Choice Awards will be given to the top three beers, as voted by the panel of judges. Professional feedback will be given.
- The People’s Choice Awards will be given to the beers with the most votes from everyone at the event (potentially including judges).
- The Most Valuable Startup Award will be given to the participating startup who brings the most guests, and thus the most donations, using their unique coupon code.
- 2 Honorable Mentions will be given out at the event as well!
Winners will receive tap handle trophies (they are real, usable tap handles!), bragging rights and the satisfaction of helping such an amazing non-profit. Aside from that, we will have various other prizes and giveaways at the event.